The Junkyard Africa online art gallery and creative platform makes available original works of art, derivatives, images and products as forms of Art, translating from most of the celebrated works of the brand-name; TheJunkManFromAfrika and his featuring Artists.
Thejunkmanfromafrika (Dilomprizulike) is listed among the first 50 most influential artists in the African continent.
- He holds a BA(Nigeria), and an MFA( UK) in Fine and Applied arts.; was formerly a Lecturer in the University of Benin, Nigeria (1989 to1995) and has been in studio practice now since 1995.
- Has featured as guest lecturer in many Universities, as well as speaker in conferences and symposiums in various parts of the globe.
- Has performed on important platforms in various parts of the world in both conceptual performance art and musical exploits including London, New York and South Africa.
Some major exhibitions in which he has participated held in Museums and Biennals such as Centre Pompidou; Paris, Tate Modern; London, Moderna Musert; Stockholm, CCCB Barcelona, COCA; Osaka, Herzliya Museum; Telaviv, JAG SouthAfrica, as well as Dakar and Guangzhou, China Biennials….
- He teaches SELF DEVELOPMENTand offers Life- Coach services.
- Is the initiator of the famous Junkmania creative concepts, and the Founder and Director of the Junkyard Museum Of Awkward Things, Lagos, Nigeria
The works presented in this online shop are fallouts from years of artistic experience and studio practise. Owing to the nature of the commercial tone of a “shop” the conceptual inclinations of his work inadvertently tend to appear as if installations are different from sculptural assemblage or performances. But in truth they are all “same ten and ten pence”. That is to say that these forms of aesthetics, in the context of buy and sell, are like spaces in a Chinese painting or landmarks in a landscape, meaning that whether the concepts are moulded in the form of a painting, sculpture, photo works, or musical cd’s, one should be mindful of the fact that the story line of the power of his conceptual tone is still represented.
Online offerings from thejunkmanfromafrika is in the process of being reconfigured. Please contact us for other details or more information at this time.